So- yea- alright- this is one thing we have to do- we presume and have been told-
Blog it- and Flog it!
Ego and Greed- the fun part of the shoe business-
Styles abound- Most come around. Then come around again.
And again-And Again.
Until they are back here-
Again.
This is not terrain for young men- or women.
It's tough terrain-
We feel younger than the young- and put that spirit in the shoes. And soon to be in clothes- and bags- and belts- and anything else.
It's an advantage- This Ego and Greed thing- for it has no boundaries or borders.
Only limited by our Imagination-
Which runs Rampant-
Check it all out at Solestruck.com - they are having some fun with it- and those young people- just make us want to do more n more n more-
One is never enough- and a thousand was never too much.
So as we Wander- we Wonder?
Why do they like Ego n Greed so much?
We cast questions aside-quickly-
and just create new shoes- to promulgate the myth.
With mirth- given a Wide Berth.
This brand- this idea- this concept- this "je ne sais quoi"- just keeps getting Encores- and internal Roars to do more.
So have fun- go get some- wear some- tell all your friends-
Where they came from.
When the Metropolitan Museum of Art finally gets around to having the “Grande Exhibition de Shoes” I will be first in line for tickets. It’s not that I dispute the fact that “Buster Brown”; “Tom McCann” and someone named “Payless” are luminaries in the shoe business, but I’m much more interested in shoes from a social and historical perspective. I want to know if Jesus wore sensible footwear as he strolled around performing miracles. Did the Conquistadors have a nice half calf slip on to change into after a long day of planting flags on the west coast? When Napoleon was banished to the Isle of Elba, how many pairs of boots was he allowed to bring and how did he choose?
ReplyDeleteIn a world where people look like their purse dogs and tattoos bare the inner soul I feel that shoes have failed us somewhat. I want to see green shoes for Green Initiative supporters, women walking the streets of New York with oil resistant polypropylene boots printed with epiteths agaist BP. What about a line called “Former Farmer” for displaced folks from the heartland?
The other night, after watching “The Deadliest Catch” and “Pregnant and in Prison” I saw a reality show about this survivalist who walks around in 100 degree plus deserts in his bare feet. He claims he hasn’t worn shoes in over 15 years because he likes to stay in touch with his surroundings. He uses his feet to feel his way through nature, taking careful note of each plant and pebble. Like our Ipods, Blackberries and Fox News, footwear largely serves to insulate us from an ever confusing and troubled world. We’re so wrapped up in gortex and air filled soles that we’ve lost touch with the feeling of grass on our bare feet or the way that wet sand slips through your toes on the first beach day of Summer.
I’m not a Tea Party supporter but I think that President Obama should put a much greater emphasis on shoe reform. Change has got to come…